Sunday, February 01, 2009

More than blessings!

Happy Lunar New Year! The year of the Ox seems tough but give thanks! For we have the King of kings and the Lord of lords with us! Give thanks! Yes, that's THE thing we must do each and every second. For God is forever with us and His love for us is everlasting! You know, fortunately I have God in my life, the real and living God. He led me through every situation, no matter big or small. Without Him, it would be more difficult. He is Hope! He is Love! 基督徒是幸运的,是有福的,因为我们有天父!(^_^)

I've recieved two very special 'ang-baos' during this new year which are from two of my dear sisters. What these two red packets contained were more than money, they're... blessings! Blessings from the Lord to me, given through my sisters. \(^;^)/ One of the red packets came to me before new year while the other, today. Both of the red packets contained the same bible story which I believe is familiar to us all, the story of how Jesus fed the five thousand with merely five loaves of bread and two fishes.

Immediately I knew, it canot be mere coincidence. There are 260 chapters just in the New Testament itself, how can two different people offer me the same story from the bible in the same season? It must be from God! I asked God what he wanted to tell me besides what came to me as God's provision and do not worry. I flipped through the gospel books, reading that same story.

The disciples wanted Jesus to send away the crowd so that the crowd could go somewhere else to get food to eat but Jesus wanted the disciples to give them something to eat instead. However, the disciples saw that t was impossible, they had only five loaves of bread and two fish with them but feeding the five thousand would require eight months of wages. What the human eyes see and what human could do was limited. Jesus then gave instructions for the disciples to get the crowd to sit down whilst He gave thanks and broke bread. The obedience and faith the disciples have for Jesus let the five thousand ate and all were satisfied. The leftovers, twelve basketfull. Not only there are sufficient, there is abundance! God's grace is not only sufficient for us, it will be in abundance!

I learnt that I should not just see what my eyes could see nor what my ways could reach. When situations are beyond me, God will work. No matter how much limitations I can see, God will give me the abundance. I just need faith and obedience. Indeed, I need not worry cause God is my Provider and my Protector! Hallelujah!

No comments: